This Pasta with Beef and Cinnamon recipe gives a Cuban touch to the traditional blend of pasta, ground meat and cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups dry small elbow macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crushed dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned. Add pasta, water, tomato sauce, garlic, salt, cinnamon and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in evaporated milk, raisins and capers. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in cheese.
Review This Recipe
This recipe has a nice twist with the addition of the cinnamon.
Read More Reviews