A beautiful dessert made with pineapple gelatin, cream cheese and topped with maraschino cherries. Your guests will enjoy this cool citrus taste enhanced by a vanilla cookie flavor.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45) or Maria cookies (about 30)
- 1 envelope (.25 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature, cut in cubes
- 1 can (8.75 oz.) sliced peaches, drained
- 7 maraschino cherries, blotted dry
- 1 package (3 oz.) pineapple-flavored gelatin
PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
MELT butter in small saucepan. Stir in cookie crumbs until well blended. Press crumbs onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
DISSOLVE unflavored gelatin in lemon juice in small bowl. Place evaporated and condensed milks, cream cheese and dissolved gelatin in blender; blend until smooth. Pour mixture over crust; refrigerate for 1 hour.
ARRANGE peaches and cherries on chilled pie. Prepare pineapple gelatin as directed on package. To prevent fruit from floating, pour about 1/4 inch of gelatin over arranged fruit. Refrigerate until slightly set, but not firm. Pour remaining gelatin over the fruit. Refrigerate for several hours or until completely firm.
TO SERVE: Dip knife in warm water and run around edge to loosen. Remove side of pan.
Review This Recipe
This is a much better recipe than it's title leads one to believe. when I read, "cheese, gelatin, and fruit" I wasn't enthused to try it, yet once I read recipe it sounded simple and yet perfect for a hot day. It was both!
Read More Reviews