This tasty Peanut Butter-Chocolate Brownie Pie was a finalist in the Share The Very Best Recipe Contest. Submitted by Joanne Lontz of Burlington, NJ, this is an easy entertaining, holiday pie at its best. Serve with vanilla or chocolate ice cream. This recipe uses a prepared chocolate crumb pie crust for ultimate convenience.
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 oz.) chocolate crumb crust
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla ice cream
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE cocoa, flour and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small mixer bowl; blend in sugar and butter. Add cocoa mixture; blend well. Stir in 3/4 cup morsels. Place crust on baking sheet; pour batter into crust.
BAKE for 45 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.
COMBINE remaining morsels, cream and remaining vanilla extract in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 1/2 minutes; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cut pie into wedges; top with ice cream. Spoon sauce over ice cream.
Review This Recipe
This dessert is pure heaven. With it's combination of chocolate and peanut butter it is a true delight. This is truely a recipe your family can enjoy.
Read More Reviews