These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars are a great alternative to cookies. Just spread the dough into a pan, bake and voilà! A fun and welcome treat to pack into a sack lunch or use for casual entertaining, too.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
COMBINE flour and baking soda in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chunks. Press into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan, distributing chunks evenly.
BAKE for 18 to 22 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
Very good. Very easy. I'll make them again, but with a little more peanut butter.
Read More Reviews