This Asian-inspired Peanut Sesame Pasta Salad is great at an outdoor party or perfect for entertaining.
- PEANUT DRESSING
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Chili Garlic Sauce
- PASTA SALAD
- 12 oz. dry bowtie pasta
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced or chopped snow peas
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1-inch matchstick-size pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
FOR PEANUT DRESSING:
PLACE peanut butter, soy sauce, water, ginger, vinegar, sweet chili sauce, honey and chili garlic sauce in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Transfer to large serving bowl. Refrigerate.
FOR PASTA SALAD:
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Drain under cold running water.
ADD pasta, bell peppers, snow peas, carrot, green onions and sesame seeds to dressing; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Try topping salad with grilled chicken or steak.
Review This Recipe
This pasta salad was as quick as it promised, and blends a great variety of flavors. I substituted the 1 T of chili garlic sauce for 1 T (so 3 total) of the sweet chili sauce and just added some chopped garlic. Leftovers stay flavorful!
My husband and I LOVED this recipe. It was even better the second day. My kids didn't like it to much, but their not asian fans. I did make a few changes the second time I made it. I put less peanut butter, about 1/3 C, 2T of sweet chili sauce and 3T of chili garlic sauce. I added watercress nuts and didn't add the green onions (I don't like them)
** I did double the sauce and used a hole box of pasta (16 ozs). It's saucy and really great. It needs more sauce if you let it set over night.
** I took it to my daughters school for a teachers lunchen and they all want to recipe now.