No need to prepare this pancake with a griddle. Softly ripened pears and cinnamon paired with a creamy custard-like base make a tender and flavorful combination for indulging your guests. Bake in the oven and then dust with a sprinkling of powdered sugar for a sweet finishing touch.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
PREHEAT oven to 450º F.
POUR melted butter into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or cake pan. Swirl to coat bottom and sides of plate.
COMBINE flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt in medium bowl. Whisk evaporated milk and eggs in another medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; whisk for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pie plate. Arrange pear slices on top of batter in pinwheel design, pushing down slightly. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle top with sugar mixture.
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
• For a harvest twist on this fabulous recipe, substitute sautéed apples for pears.
Review This Recipe
Whenever I make this for dessert, my children and husband all have a chorus of praises. I'm always guaranteed lots of hugs when they smell this oven pancake cooking. They prefer it with apples, but they love it with pears too.
Read More Reviews