No need to prepare this pancake with a griddle. Softly ripened pears and cinnamon paired with a creamy custard-like base make a tender and flavorful combination for indulging your guests. Bake in the oven and then dust with a sprinkling of powdered sugar for a sweet finishing touch.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
PREHEAT oven to 450º F.
POUR melted butter into 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or cake pan. Swirl to coat bottom and sides of plate.
COMBINE flour, 1/4 cup sugar and salt in medium bowl. Whisk evaporated milk and eggs in another medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; whisk for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pie plate. Arrange pear slices on top of batter in pinwheel design, pushing down slightly. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle top with sugar mixture.
BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
• For a harvest twist on this fabulous recipe, substitute sautéed apples for pears.
Review This Recipe
pear oven pancake
This was great, but a lot of calories. I cut it the next time by using egg beaters, Carnation fat-free, and splenda and it was almost as good. Thanks for the recipe.
Read More Reviews