Mac & Cheese is a standard favorite, but we have mixed it up with this Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce recipe. We’ve made traditional cheese sauce with Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk and changed-up the cheese and pasta while adding sun-dried tomatoes for a luscious Mac & Cheese inspired dish.
- 2 cups (8 oz.) dry penne pasta
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded Italian-style four-cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
PREPARE pasta according to package directions, adding sun-dried tomatoes to boiling pasta water for last two minutes of cooking time; drain.
MEANWHILE, COMBINE evaporated milk, cheese, basil, garlic powder and pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
ADD pasta and sun-dried tomatoes to cheese sauce; stir until combined.
Review This Recipe
Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce
Finally got a chance to try this recipe out for dinner this evening. Very rich dish with decent flavor. I might try it next time with some chopped up & fried portabello mushrooms. It was a cinch to make great for beginner cooks.
Read More Reviews