You'll love the beautiful colors and great flavors in this Penne with Swiss Chard and Toasted Pine Nuts recipe. Ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 pound dried penne pasta, prepared according to package directions, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 cups (about 10 ounces) coarsely chopped Swiss chard or spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Romano Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
HEAT 1 tablespoon oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook for 30 seconds. Add Swiss chard; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until Swiss chard is wilted.
STIR in pasta, reserved cooking water and remaining oil. Sprinkle with nuts, 3 tablespoons cheese and black pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Review This Recipe
Delicious but needs adjustment
I feel like the ratio of pasta to chard is off by a lot! I halved the pasta and kept the rest or the ingredients the same and it still seemed like too much pasta.
Additions: chopped anchovies, and chopped tomato.
Read More Reviews