Keep the audience on their toes with this zesty two cheese blend of spices and macaroni noodles. Crushed tortilla chips and a pinch of chili flakes in the topping provide a fun surprising kick. No one will call foul on this hearty Pepper Jack Cheesy Mac combination.
- 2 cups (8 oz.) dry elbow macaroni
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup broken tortilla chips (your choice of color)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
COOK macaroni in large saucepan according to package directions; drain. Return to saucepan.
ADD cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups Pepper Jack cheese, evaporated milk and black pepper to macaroni; stir until combined. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Combine remaining 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese, tortilla chips and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Sprinkle over top. Cover tightly with foil.
BAKE for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Review This Recipe
COMFORT FOR THE CROWDS
I ADDED SOME NACHO CHEESE SOUP TO THE MIXTURE AND THEN, INSTEAD OF ADDING THE CHIPS INSIDE I CRUSHED CHIPS AND MIXED WITH CHEESE AND PUT ON TOP OF DISH AND BAKED IN OVEN TILL CHEESE MELTED. EVERYONE LOVED IT. THIS WOULD BE GOOD FOR GAME DAY MEALS. MAKE IT YOUR RECIPE, YOUR WAY.
Read More Reviews