Add this Peppermint Fudge to your repertoire of holiday delights. You'll find the creamy fudge topped with pieces of crushed peppermint hard to resist.
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup crushed, hard peppermint candy
LINE 8-inch-square baking pan with foil.
COMBINE sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
STIR in marshmallows, morsels, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan; cool for 1 minute. Top with candy, pressing in slightly. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into 48 pieces.
Review This Recipe
excellent, pepermint fudge
I made two batches, very very easy!! I followed some of the recommendations from others who placed a review. 1. I stired for 3 min once the mixture started the rolling boil, I added 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and crushed the candycanes and folded the crushed into the chocolate instead of on top! this turned out awsome, I have never been able to make fudge just right....
Read More Reviews