A finalist in the Nestlé Kitchens Holiday Cookie contest, Milisa Armstrong created this recipe using the perfect mix of holiday flavors; peppermint, mocha and chocolate. Adding a crushed peppermint to each cookie creates a beautiful and seasonal presentation.
The Nestlé Kitchens blog has more details on all the cookie contest finalists.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 12 soft peppermint candies, crushed
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease or line baking sheet with parchment paper.
MELT butter and 1 cup chocolate morsels in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
TRANSFER chocolate mixture into a large mixer bowl; add sugar and beat until combined. Add coffee granules, vanilla extract and peppermint extract; beat just until combined. Beat in eggs. Add flour and baking powder, mixing until all is incorporated. Fold in remaining 2 cups chocolate morsels.
SCOOP dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart, using a medium size cookie scoop. Sprinkle each cookie with a little of the crushed peppermint candies.
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set. Allow to cool for about 2 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.