Festive peppermint ice cream pie features a whipped topping bordering a chocolate cookie crumb crust that serves as a delightful base. This taste-tempting dessert will be a holiday favorite.
You can create this recipe using other Dreyer’s or Edy’s seasonal flavors too. Learn more at the Nestlé Kitchens blog.
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 carton (1.5 quarts) Peppermint DREYER’S or EDY’S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream or Peppermint DREYER’S or EDY’S Limited Edition Frozen Dairy Dessert
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Small candy canes (optional)
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce (optional)
COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in large bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate. Freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm.* Place ice cream in refrigerator for 15 minutes to soften.
SPREAD softened ice cream evenly into frozen crust. Pipe or spoon whipped topping around border of pie. Arrange candy canes on top of pie. Freeze for several hours or until firm.
TO SERVE, cut pie into 8 wedges. Place on dessert plates and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
* 9-inch prepared chocolate cookie crust may be substituted.
Review This Recipe
This pie is absolutely wonderful and easy. Have been making it for yrs. Don't use light ice cream because it doesn't freeze as hard. It is a favorite among our family.
Read More Reviews