Grill up some wholesome fun with this flavorful recipe for Pesto Chicken & Vegetable Kebabs.
Marinated in a robust pesto sauce, these skewers of tender chicken pieces and seasoned vegetables make a colorful and appetizing entrée.
- 1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (7 oz.)
- BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (11 oz.)
- Grated lemon peel from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound assorted vegetables (cherry tomatoes, bell pepper cubes, zucchini wedges, button mushrooms and/or eggplant cubes)
- 4 (10-inch) skewers
COMBINE pesto, lemon peel and lemon juice in large, resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and vegetables; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
THREAD chicken and vegetables alternately on skewers; discard any remaining marinade.
PREHEAT grill or broiler. (Place kebabs on baking sheet if broiling.) Grill or broil for 5 minutes; turn over. Grill or broil for an additional 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading.
Review This Recipe
We made these and they were gone in a flash. Everyone loved them! We marinated the chicken for longer than an hour.