Pesto Grilled Cheese
This Pesto Grilled Cheese sandwich recipe features a rich Italian flavor accent. Serve with gourmet tomato soup to turn a standard lunch or dinner into a restaurant-style meal.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 to 4 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (7 oz.)
Or BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (11 oz.)
- 4 slices wheat sourdough bread
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) shredded cheese (combination of sharp cheddar, Gruyère and mozzarella)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE slices of bread with pesto, butter-side-down, in the skillet. Sprinkle cheese evenly over bread in the skillet. Place remaining slices of bread over the cheese, butter-side-up.
COVER skillet loosely and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden on bottom. Uncover; carefully flip the sandwich over. Cook uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/2 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 680
- Calories from Fat: 380
- Total Fat: 42g (65% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 22g (108% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 85mg (29% of DV)
- Sodium: 1070mg (45% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 53g (18% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (13% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 23g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 45% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.