For a delicious Italian dish made in just minutes, try this recipe for Pesto and Pasta with Tiny Potatoes created by celebrity chef Michael Chiarello. Made with fresh, three cheese tortellini, crispy, marble-sized potatoes, and Buitoni's award-winning pesto, this dish will be sure to please friends and family any day of the week. Great as a main or side dish.
- 3/4 lb. marble-size potatoes*
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg. (20 oz.) BUITONI Refrigerated Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1 container (7 oz.) BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (1.5 oz.) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
PLACE potatoes in medium saucepan with 2 quarts of water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender. Drain; cool and cut in half.
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crispy. Keep warm.
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. Combine pasta, pesto, potatoes, pepper and 1/4 cup cheese in large bowl; toss well. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese before serving.
* Can substitute with small new potatoes; quarter after cooling.