This Pizza Burger recipe is amazingly tasty and easy to make. A rich Marinara sauce and colorful rings of thinly sliced grilled bell peppers make this one a winner!
- 1 large egg
- 1 container (15 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce (15 oz.), divided
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or oregano, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 medium green, yellow and/or red bell peppers, cut into rings and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
BEAT egg and 1/4 cup marinara sauce in large bowl. Stir in bread crumbs, onion, basil and garlic. Add beef; mix well. Shape beef mixture into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties. Tear off an 18 x 12-inch piece of heavy-duty foil. Place bell pepper pieces in center of foil; drizzle with oil. Bring up opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold; fold in remaining edges to enclose bell peppers, leaving space for steam to build.
PLACE patties and foil packet on grill rack over medium heat. Grill for 10 to 13 minutes or until patties are cooked through and bell peppers are tender, turning patties and foil packet once halfway through grilling. Meanwhile, heat remaining marinara sauce.
PLACE burgers on bottom of rolls; top with bell peppers and cheese. Spoon some of the marinara sauce over the burgers. Top with tops of rolls. Serve with any remaining marinara sauce.