This Pizza Margherita is so tasty and easy. Featuring fresh basil, tomatoes and cheese on a whole wheat crust topped with a fabulous marinara sauce. Takes less than 20 minutes to make. This is great for weeknight meals. Pair with a green salad.
- 1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
- 2 mini 8-inch whole wheat pizza crusts (such as Boboli)
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces thinly sliced part skim mozzarella cheese
- About 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves (shredded, if desired)
PREHEAT oven to 450° F. Place crusts on baking sheet.
SPREAD marinara sauce evenly over each crust to within 1 inch of edge. Top each evenly with tomato and cheese slices.
BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted. Top with basil before serving.