Plantain Picadillo Pie
Plantain Picadillo Pie gets its inspiration from traditional Caribbean and South American recipes. Picadillo means "little pieces". In this version, spiced ground beef combines with plantains and a tomato sauce for some great sweet and savory flavors.
- 6 very ripe plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Tablet, crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated mozzarella cheese, divided
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COOK beef, onion and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is no longer pink. Stir in tomato sauce and bouillon; cook for 8 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
SPREAD half of plantain mixture on bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over beef mixture. Finish by spreading remaining plantain mixture over beef.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden on top. Serve warm.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/10 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 340
- Calories from Fat: 150
- Total Fat: 17g (25% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (42% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 50mg (17% of DV)
- Sodium: 720mg (30% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 38g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 17g
- Protein: 13g
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.