Poached Pears in Balsamic-Red Currant Sauce
Poached Pears in Balsamic-Red Currant Sauce is a sophisticated, yet simple-to-prepare dessert. Great for holidays or entertaining.
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 medium Bartlett pears, firm and ripe *bosc pears may also be used
- 1 can (11.5 fluid ounces) pear nectar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 fresh mint leaves (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT nectar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and lemon peel in stockpot until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stand pears in nectar mixture. Cover; cook, basting occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until pears are tender. Transfer pears to a plate; keep warm.
ADD jelly and salt to the stockpot. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
POUR about 1/4 cup sauce onto individual serving plates. Place pears in center standing upright. Garnish stems with mint leaves.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.