Poached Salmon with Vegetables features a delicious combination of sauteed zucchini, carrots, shallots and garlic. Salmon is poached in a tasty sauce. This recipe is quick to make. Sprinkle with parsley to add flavor and color.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into long, thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into long, thin strips
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 (4 ounces each) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add zucchini, carrots, shallots and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables to large platter; keep warm. Add wine, water, marmalade, bouillon and pepper to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add salmon; cover.
POACH for 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove salmon to platter with vegetables; keep warm.
ADD margarine to cooking liquid; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid has thickened slightly. Pour sauce over salmon and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley.
Review This Recipe
Wasn't expecting much from this dish, but turned out that it tasted fantastic without much hassle. (Gives me time to study =P) Definitely should give it a try! Simple ingredients commonly found in the fridge.
Read More Reviews