Poached Salmon with Vegetables features a delicious combination of sauteed zucchini, carrots, shallots and garlic. Salmon is poached in a tasty sauce. This recipe is quick to make. Sprinkle with parsley to add flavor and color.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into long, thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into long, thin strips
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 (4 ounces each) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add zucchini, carrots, shallots and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables to large platter; keep warm. Add wine, water, marmalade, bouillon and pepper to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add salmon; cover.
POACH for 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove salmon to platter with vegetables; keep warm.
ADD margarine to cooking liquid; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid has thickened slightly. Pour sauce over salmon and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley.
Review This Recipe
This recipe is excellent, versatile and easy. It is a fast and easy weeknight dinner and with a little care in presentation is a colorful company dinner.
Even the leftovers taken for lunch the next day inspired requests for the recipe.
I've made the recipe as is or substituted Tilapia for the salmon (cook for 5 minutes) and I've used snow peas instead of zucchini. Any variation works and it's still delicious!
Read More Reviews