Poached Salmon with Vegetables
Poached Salmon with Vegetables features a delicious combination of sauteed zucchini, carrots, shallots and garlic. Salmon is poached in a tasty sauce. This recipe is quick to make. Sprinkle with parsley to add flavor and color.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into long, thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into long, thin strips
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 (4 ounces each) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
POACH for 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove salmon to platter with vegetables; keep warm.
ADD margarine to cooking liquid; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid has thickened slightly. Pour sauce over salmon and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Wasn't expecting much from this dish, but turned out that it tasted fantastic without much hassle. (Gives me time to study =P) Definitely should give it a try! Simple ingredients commonly found in the fridge.
This recipe is excellent, versatile and easy. It is a fast and easy weeknight dinner and with a little care in presentation is a colorful company dinner. Even the leftovers taken for lunch the next day inspired requests for the recipe. I've made the recipe as is or substituted Tilapia for the salmon (cook for 5 minutes) and I've used snow peas instead of zucchini. Any variation works and it's still delicious!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 320
- Calories from Fat: 120
- Total Fat: 14g (21% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (11% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 60mg (21% of DV)
- Sodium: 370mg (16% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 25g
- Vitamin A: 90% of DV
- Vitamin C: 40% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.