White wine and marmalade make a savory poaching sauce for skinless salmon fillets. Served with crisp, sautéed fresh vegetables and sprinkled with chopped parsley for an elegant and satisfying meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into long, thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into long, thin strips
- 1/2 cup (about 2 large) thinly sliced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 (4 ounces each) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, carrots, shallots and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables to large platter; keep warm.
BOIL wine, water, marmalade, bouillon and pepper in skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Add salmon; cover. Poach for 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove salmon to platter with vegetables; keep warm.
ADD butter to cooking liquid; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has thickened slightly. Pour sauce over salmon and vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley.
Review This Recipe
This was perfect for me.
I am new at cooking and my fiancee is a great cook so, i have a major challenge for me every time I cook. This was so easy and tasty that my fiancee couldn't believe that I actually cooked it.
Read More Reviews