This lovely Poached Seafood with Italian Salsa is zesty and a perfect match to the fish. You'll love this easy-to-make preparation. Serve over rice.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 4 (about 1 1/2 pounds total) firm white fish fillets
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) pasta-ready chunky tomatoes with three cheeses, undrained
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Add fish; cover.
COOK for 6 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juice; cover. Cook for 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve over rice.
Review This Recipe
Very good recipe. Used a chunky tomato soup instead of canned tomatoes. Turned out excellent- everyone loved it. Cooked it with snapper and shrimp and served over long-grain rice. A healthy, yummy dinner!! Add a salad and it is all you need!
My husband and I loved this recipe. We both agreed that it just got better and better with every bite. I didn't use a can of tomatoes that contained cheese. But I did add my own in (Parmesan).