This cheese-enriched polenta marinara makes a beautiful and delicious side dish.
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (.75 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container (15 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce
GREASE 9-inch pie plate.
BRING water to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add corn meal, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
STIR in fontina cheese, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for an additional 2 minutes or until very thick.
SPREAD into prepared pie plate; cool for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into wedges. Heat sauce; serve over wedges.
Review This Recipe
Tasty NEW WAY to cook Polenta
Polenta is a warm staple in our house during winter. We serve it cold with a salad during summer. This is a tasty new way for warm polenta.
If you've never tried Polenta do give this recipe a try.
Read More Reviews