Guava adds an unexpected sweetness to traditional pork loin.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (11.5 fluid ounces) guava nectar
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
HEAT oil in a large stockpot. Add pork; brown lightly on all sides. Remove from pot.
COMBINE tomatoes and juice, onion, garlic and bay leaf in stockpot. Cook, stirring frequently and scraping brown bits from bottom of pot, for 2 minutes. Stir in nectar, bouillon and pepper; bring to a boil. Return pork to pot; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook, turning pork over once, for about 1 hour or until pork is tender and no longer pink in center.
PLACE pork on a serving platter; pour sauce over pork. Serve with sauce.