Pozole is a traditional Latin American soup which has been served since pre-Columbian times which features hominy as a key ingredient. In this pork version, garlic, chiles and oregano add special regional flair.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed of fat and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 8 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (29 ounces) Mexican-style hominy, drained
- 2 cans (10 fluid ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (7 ounces) diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 radishes, finely chopped
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I served this to my family and friends after church. Everybody wanted more. I exchanged the 29 0z can of hominy for the restaurant can size (2-3 lbs)
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.