Potato and Ham Croquettes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce are a truly delicious and fun to make treat. These are great as main course, snack or appetizer.
- 2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds total) russet potatoes, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup finely chopped, cooked, smoked ham
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella or panela cheese
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken or Beef Ribs Flavor Bouillon, dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce (recipe follows)
COVER baking sheet with wax paper; set aside.
SMASH potatoes with fork in large bowl; add ham, 1 egg, parsley, cheese and bouillon mixture. Mix until well combined.
BEAT remaining 3 eggs in medium bowl. Place bread crumbs on plate. Form 1/4 cup potato mixture into balls and flatten into 2-inch rounds; dip in eggs. Dip croquettes into bread crumbs, turning to coat. Place croquettes on prepared baking sheet.
HEAT oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add croquettes in batches; cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden brown. Place on paper towels to drain. Serve warm with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.
ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
(Makes 1 1/2 cups)
1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema
1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
PLACE media crema, bell peppers, seasoning sauce and lemon juice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Review This Recipe
This is a good recipe, thank you! I recommend using jamon iberico rather than standard ham to make it even better. I get my Spanish ham from http://buyjamon.com
Read More Reviews