This easy recipe for Potatoes Au Gratin will amaze you with how simple it is to make this delicious dish from scratch. It's a great side dish to go with beef, pork or chicken.
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Powdered Coffee Creamer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds new red potatoes, cooked and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Grease 12 x 7-inch baking dish.
WHISK together water and Coffee-mate in small bowl.
MELT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in Coffee-mate mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes or until mixture slightly thickens. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Remove from heat.
SEASON potatoes with salt and ground black pepper. Add to sauce mixture; stir gently to coat. Pour into prepared dish. Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
BAKE for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Review This Recipe
I added minced onion and chives to this recipe there was none left.so I rate it as good
Read More Reviews