Premier White Lemon Cookies
Bring these elegant lemon shortbread cookies, partially dipped in melted white morsels, to a party as a hostess gift – they look beautiful and taste even better! Substitute the zest and chocolate to create additional tasty variations.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
DIVIDE dough into 4 even pieces. Gently shape each piece into an 8 x 1-inch diameter log. Wrap logs tightly in wax paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
UNWRAP logs; cut each log with serrated knife into 16 slices, about 1/2-inch thick. If necessary, reshape edges of cookies. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 13 to 14 minutes or until edges are set. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
MICROWAVE remaining 1 cup morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
DIP top half of cookies into melted morsels. Scrape off excess against side of bowl. Place on baking sheets. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
• For chocolate chip orange cookies, substitute 2 to 3 tablespoons of orange zest for the lemon zest and NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels for the Premier White Morsels.
• Dough logs may be frozen up to 1 month in advance. Place wrapped logs in plastic freezer storage bags.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Easy and Tasty
I used Log House vanilla flavored baking morsels, three small lemons, and did not ice them. I think they would have been too sweet with the icing, but they probably didn't look as pretty!They were better a little chewy and not browned.
Serving Size: 1/64 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.