Premier white baking bars give this elegant and lemony cheesecake a smooth and creamy consistency. Try this in the Spring, Easter or a bridal shower -- to rave reviews.
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 bars (12 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Baking Bar, broken into small pieces *
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 9-inch springform pan.
BEAT butter and sugar in small mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, egg yolk and salt. Press mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up side of prepared pan.
BAKE for 14 to 16 minutes or until crust is set.
baking bars and cream in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
BEAT cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt in large mixer bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in melted baking bars. Beat in egg whites and whole egg. Pour into crust.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until edge is lightly browned. Run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Garnish as desired.
* NOTE: May use 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Premier White Morsels instead of baking bars.
Review This Recipe
I baked this cheesecake for Sunday dinner on Easter and my family loved it. I love lemon and white chocolate and it was good. I drizzled white chocolate over the entire cheesecake. Yummm.
Read More Reviews