Premier white baking bars give this elegant and lemony cheesecake a smooth and creamy consistency. Try this in the Spring, Easter or a bridal shower -- to rave reviews.
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 bars (12 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Baking Bar, broken into small pieces *
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 9-inch springform pan.
BEAT butter and sugar in small mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, egg yolk and salt. Press mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up side of prepared pan.
BAKE for 14 to 16 minutes or until crust is set.
baking bars and cream in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
BEAT cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon peel and salt in large mixer bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in melted baking bars. Beat in egg whites and whole egg. Pour into crust.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until edge is lightly browned. Run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Garnish as desired.
* NOTE: May use 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Premier White Morsels instead of baking bars.
Review This Recipe
Guests ask "Where did you buy this from?"
I have used this recipe for about four years now and it never fails to hear people ask "Where did you buy this from". This is absolutely mouth watering and an instant hit. A bit expensive to make if you don't have many of the ingredients but worth every penny. ---------------
A few tips:
1)Use about a whole small lemon in the mixture.
2)For edible garnish and presentation grate fine lemon peel over the cooled product.
3) Cook it until it browns on the top and make sure to do the toothpick test. The middle does not cook like the rest of the cheesecake so be careful.
4)Freezing a few pieces is great. What dessert doesn't taste good frozen?!!?)
All in all a fantastic (semi-fool proof) cheesecake.
Read More Reviews