Primavera Sauce with Pasta is a fresh-tasting recipe featuring a bounty of vegetables.
- 8 ounces dried pasta, cooked, drained, and kept warm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh vegetables: broccoli, carrot, onion, zucchini, bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (optional), crushed
- 1 3/4 cups (14.5-oz.) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or wine
- 1/3 cup Italian tomato paste (half of 6-ounce can)
- 1 container grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
HEAT olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes with juice, broth, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.
SERVE over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
Review This Recipe
Have been searching for different pasta recipes - this site is great! We eat alot of pasta in our home - usually spaghetti, fettucine, or lasagna - all very thick and meaty. This was a nice change. I added some grilled chicken during the last cooking stage. Great tomato taste!
Read More Reviews