Primavera Sauce with Pasta is a fresh-tasting recipe featuring a bounty of vegetables.
- 8 ounces dried pasta, cooked, drained, and kept warm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh vegetables: broccoli, carrot, onion, zucchini, bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper (optional), crushed
- 1 3/4 cups (14.5-oz.) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or wine
- 1/3 cup Italian tomato paste (half of 6-ounce can)
- 1 container grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
HEAT olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes with juice, broth, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes.
SERVE over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
Review This Recipe
Have been searching for different pasta recipes - this site is great! We eat alot of pasta in our home - usually spaghetti, fettucine, or lasagna - all very thick and meaty. This was a nice change. I added some grilled chicken during the last cooking stage. Great tomato taste!
FRESH RECIPE FOR SUMMER
Excellent! Makes great use of summer veggies. I would, however, use a bit less wine...the 3/4 cup called for in the recipe was a bit much. I also used fresh pasta. Wonderful flavors!
This was great!
This was super easy to make and it tasted so good! You wouldn't think that it was low fat. Plus, it was so quick. This recipe was great!!