Puerto Rican Stuffing
Give your holiday stuffing a Latin twist with this tropical stuffing recipe. It uses pork, coffee, red peppers, peas and olives for a flavorful and colorful side dish.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 bag (6 ounces) seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup green pigeon peas (gandules) OR black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add pork, coffee granules and ½ teaspoon bouillon; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes or until crumbly. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
DISSOLVE remaining 1 teaspoon bouillon in water.
ADD stuffing mix, pigeon peas, olives, tomato sauce and bouillon mixture to skillet. Gently stir to moisten. Spoon into prepared baking dish; cover with foil.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
SHORTCUT: Substitute 1 cup of prepared sofrito sauce for the chopped onions, red bell pepper and tomato sauce.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 9g (14% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (12% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (7% of DV)
- Sodium: 820mg (34% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 9g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 50% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.