Baked apple pancakes are a special treat for a festive brunch. Try these delicate pancakes sprinkled with a little powdered sugar and frosty glasses of orange juice.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, cored, quartered, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Spray 10-inch ovenproof skillet lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
PLACE evaporated milk, baking mix, 1 tablespoon sugar, egg yolks, orange juice and cinnamon in blender; blend until smooth. Beat egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold milk mixture into egg whites.
POUR batter into hot skillet. Gently push each apple slice about 1/2 inch into batter, peel side up, to form a spoke-like pattern around batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
BAKE for 10 to 15 minutes or until set. Serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
these are very good, but I made them without the orange juice. Can't eat anyting with orange in it.
Read More Reviews