The essence of almonds permeates Libby's Pumpkin Almond Pie. Crunchy toasted almonds line the pie shell and later one finds them spooned over the top of the pie. Luscious, moist pumpkin adds contrast and flavor.
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pie shell (4-cup volume)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped, toasted slivered almonds
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
SPRINKLE 1/4 cup almonds over bottom of crust; press in.
FOR PUMPKIN LAYER
COMBINE egg, pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Spread over bottom of pie shell.
FOR ALMOND LAYER
COMBINE corn syrup, 2 eggs, remaining sugar, butter and almond extract in medium bowl; stir in remaining almonds. Spoon over pumpkin layer.
BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on wire rack.
Review This Recipe
Pumpkin Almond Pie
This pie was well received by my family. It is sure to become a yearly favorite at Thanksgiving.
Read More Reviews