This moist, flavorful and nutritious Pumpkin Apple Bread is a perfect pack-along for school lunches, picnics and tailgating festivities. Grated orange peel and ground cinnamon add a wonderful flavor dimension to this easy-to-make and versatile bread.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product
- 3/4 cup sugar blend for baking (such as SPLENDA)
- 1/2 cup Apple NESTLÉ JUICY JUICE 100% Juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup peeled, chopped green apple
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Spray two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
COMBINE all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in large bowl; stir.
STIR together pumpkin, egg product, sugar blend, Juicy Juice, honey, oil and orange peel in large bowl. Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Stir in apple. Divide mixture between prepared pans.
BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Review This Recipe
Pumpkin Apple Bread
Very tasty and easy to make. Family enjoyed it and was a very big hit!!
Read More Reviews