A touch of bourbon in the filling and whipped cream adds excitement to this pumpkin pie.
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Bourbon Whipped Cream (recipe follows - optional)
PREHEAT oven to 425° F.
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and bourbon.
POUR into pie shell.
BAKE for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately with Bourbon Whipped Cream or refrigerate.
FOR BOURBON WHIPPED CREAM:
WHIP 1 cup heavy cream in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, 2 teaspoons bourbon and 1 teaspoon ground ginger; continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
Review This Recipe
I made this the other day and it was Excellent. With cool whip.