This twist on a comfort food classic is sure to please your family or weekend guests. This traditional bread pudding has extra nutrition and taste using cracked-wheat bread and pumpkin. The simple brown sugar-yogurt sauce is a perfect complement to this dessert!
- 12 slices cracked or whole-wheat bread, cut into cubes (12 cups)
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup refrigerated egg substitute or 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
BROWN SUGAR-YOGURT SAUCE
2 containers (6 oz. each) or 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
FOR BREAD PUDDING:
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE bread and cranberries in large bowl. Combine evaporated milk, pumpkin, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; stir. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 10 minutes.
BAKE for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce.
FOR BROWN SUGAR-YOGURT SAUCE:
COMBINE yogurt and sugar in small bowl.
• Bread Pudding can be served with lowfat or fat free whipped topping instead of Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce.
Review This Recipe
I think I am going to try chopped dates, instead of the cranberries and add nuts. But it might need that tartness, have to make both ways to see which I like best.
Read More Reviews