This twist on a comfort food classic is sure to please your family or weekend guests. This traditional bread pudding has extra nutrition and taste using cracked-wheat bread and pumpkin. The simple brown sugar-yogurt sauce is a perfect complement to this dessert!
- 12 slices cracked or whole-wheat bread, cut into cubes (12 cups)
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup refrigerated egg substitute or 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
BROWN SUGAR-YOGURT SAUCE
2 containers (6 oz. each) or 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
FOR BREAD PUDDING:
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE bread and cranberries in large bowl. Combine evaporated milk, pumpkin, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; stir. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 10 minutes.
BAKE for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce.
FOR BROWN SUGAR-YOGURT SAUCE:
COMBINE yogurt and sugar in small bowl.
• Bread Pudding can be served with lowfat or fat free whipped topping instead of Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce.
Review This Recipe
SUPER EASY TASTE GREAT
This was so easy to make and the famly loved it. I had almost all ingredients on hand except the plain yogart so I used vanilla flavored and it was wonderful. My husband said he would leave me if I don`t make this again.
Read More Reviews