Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce
This twist on a comfort food classic is sure to please your family or weekend guests. This traditional bread pudding has extra nutrition and taste using cracked-wheat bread and pumpkin. The simple brown sugar-yogurt sauce is a perfect complement to this dessert!
- 12 slices cracked or whole-wheat bread, cut into cubes (12 cups)
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup refrigerated egg substitute or 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
2 containers (6 oz. each) or 1 1/2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
FOR BREAD PUDDING:
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE bread and cranberries in large bowl. Combine evaporated milk, pumpkin, egg substitute, sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; stir. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 10 minutes.
BAKE for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce.
FOR BROWN SUGAR-YOGURT SAUCE:
COMBINE yogurt and sugar in small bowl.
• Bread Pudding can be served with lowfat or fat free whipped topping instead of Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauce.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar-Yogurt Sauc
I don't know why it took me so long to try this. It was awesome and I don't like bread pudding. I think it was the pumpkin that got me. I also used egg bread, Husband said it would be better with ice cream. So next time for sure. Thank you again for another keeper.
What a mouth Watering pie
That sounds so moist and healthy too!
I have never heard of this before, so I just had to try it. I love it!
this is an excellent easy recipe.
Serving Size: 1/15 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from Fat: 15
- Total Fat: 2g (3% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (5% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (3% of DV)
- Sodium: 250mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 43g (14% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 29g
- Protein: 8g
- Vitamin A: 70% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.