Pumpkin Butterscotch Bread Pudding
With sugar, spice and everything nice, this delightful Pumpkin Butterscotch Bread Pudding is coated with scrumptious butterscotch morsels for a dessert that’s easy to be thankful for. And with a flavorful boost of pumpkin, what’s not to love?
Visit the Nestlé Kitchens blog to read more about this recipe, see step-by-step photos and a view a how-to video.
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) cinnamon challah bread or cinnamon brioche, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 10 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Vanilla DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SPREAD bread cubes in single layer on rimmed baking sheets. Bake, tossing occasionally, for 10 minutes or until dry.
BEAT eggs in large bowl; stir in evaporated milk, pumpkin, 1 cup granulated sugar, vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Add bread; toss gently to coat. Transfer mixture into prepared baking dish; let stand for 30 minutes or until bread is thoroughly saturated (press down bread occasionally).
COMBINE brown sugar with remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle morsels over bread mixture; top with brown sugar mixture.
BAKE for 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes (this will allow bread pudding to set). Serve warm with ice cream.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Just made today, This is absolutely delicious!
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 400
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (36% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 90mg (30% of DV)
- Sodium: 390mg (16% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 64g (21% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (11% of DV)
- Sugars: 45g
- Protein: 11g
- Vitamin A: 110% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.