Pumpkin Cheesy Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or chopped toasted pistachios*
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD pumpkin, evaporated milk, broth, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
REMOVE from heat; slowly add cheese in small batches until cheese just starts to melt. Ladle soup into individual bowls; top with pumpkin seeds or pistachios.
* To toast the pumpkin seeds or pistachios: Place in a dry skillet; toast over medium heat, shaking skillet occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.