Pumpkin Chia Seed Pancakes
Hearty and healthy, these pancakes feature whole wheat flour, chia seeds and pumpkin for an extra nutritious boost.
See step-by-step photos for this recipe here.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or white whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups lowfat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons honey, granulated sugar or packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, plus more for garnish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Pure maple syrup
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
WHISK together buttermilk, eggs, pumpkin, honey and butter in large bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir until combined. Do not over mix. Let batter sit for 10 minutes; stir in chia seeds.
SPRAY griddle or a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Pour ¼ cup batter for each pancake into skillet and cook for about 2 minutes or until edges are set and look dry. Flip over and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown. Top with syrup and additional chia seeds.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/18 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 130
- Calories from Fat: 35
- Total Fat: 3.5g (6% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (9% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 30mg (10% of DV)
- Sodium: 170mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 20g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.