- 2 cups all-purpose flour or white whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups lowfat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons honey, granulated sugar or packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, plus more for garnish
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Pure maple syrup
COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
WHISK together buttermilk, eggs, pumpkin, honey and butter in large bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir until combined. Do not over mix. Let batter sit for 10 minutes; stir in chia seeds.
SPRAY griddle or a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Pour ¼ cup batter for each pancake into skillet and cook for about 2 minutes or until edges are set and look dry. Flip over and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until golden brown. Top with syrup and additional chia seeds.