This creamy and colorful Pumpkin Chili Mexicana features pumpkin, onion, chiles, ground turkey and kidney beans seasoned with cumin and chili powder and makes a zesty and flavorful dish.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add turkey; cook until browned. Drain.
ADD tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Review This Recipe
This recipe was delicious! It had great chili flavor, and all the nutritional benefits of the added pumpkin. I made it last night and shared the recipe with a number of friends today!
Read More Reviews