This creamy and colorful Pumpkin Chili Mexicana features pumpkin, onion, chiles, ground turkey and kidney beans seasoned with cumin and chili powder and makes a zesty and flavorful dish.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add turkey; cook until browned. Drain.
ADD tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Review This Recipe
This chili was a very tasty change from the norm. I loved the turkey in it...not as heavy as the usual beef chili. I used diced tomatoes in puree, so I thought with the tomato sauce also, it was a bit too tomatoey. Next time I will try using some chicken broth in place of the tomato sauce. My husband loved it! It was even better at lunch the next day...
Read More Reviews