Add some new appeal to your typical weeknight dinner with this easy-to-make Pumpkin Confetti Rice side dish. The pumpkin easily blends in with the brown rice and vegetables for additional nutrition, moistness and eye-appeal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetable blend
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (14 fl. oz.) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Add vegetables, pumpkin, broth, water and thyme. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork before serving.
Review This Recipe
I took this to a pot luck at church, and everyone just enjoyed it. East to fix and great to eat.
Read More Reviews