Pumpkin Curry Soup
Curry and white pepper add zest and flavor to this creamy pumpkin soup that is sure to be a fall favorite at your table!
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup (1 small) chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD broth and pumpkin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk. Transfer mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth. Serve warm.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Awesome w/ some tweaking!
I followed the recipe to the letter, except for some little things at the end. After adding the evaporated milk, I added a pinch of brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. The sugar complimented the savory curry flavor, and the spice brings out much more of the pumpkin.
THIS IS GOOD SOUP AFTER A LONG DAY!!
The Pumpkin and curry are surprisingly good together.
Better with coconut milk
Try adding a can of coconut milk !
Pumpkin curry yum!
Oh wow!!! I used onion powder and garlic powder in place of the actual vegetable, and the soup turned out very well! Very, very tasty!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 160
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 9g (13% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (28% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5% of DV)
- Sodium: 630mg (26% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 11g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (11% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 220% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.