Pumpkin Mousse In Cinnamon Pastry Shells is a light and airy mousse that combines pumpkin and vanilla pudding and is served in delicate pastry shells that have been dusted with a light cinnamon sugar coating. Truly an elegant finale and perfect for entertaining or when you need a special dessert treat for a fall evening at home.
- 2 boxes (10 oz. each) frozen puff pastry shells
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Cinnamon sugar *
- 1 can (30 oz.) LIBBY'S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
PREHEAT oven to 400° F.
PLACE pastry shells on baking sheet. Brush tops with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake according to package directions. Cool to room temperature. Remove tops and reserve for garnish. Remove soft pastry inside shells and discard.
BEAT pumpkin pie mix, pudding mix and cinnamon in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon about 1/3 cup pumpkin mousse into each pastry shell. Top with pastry tops. Serve immediately.
* For cinnamon sugar: Combine 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon in small bowl.
Review This Recipe
Too many calories
The flavor was like light pumpkin pie, which I like. The little shells made the dessert look as if it came from a fancy bakery. Unfortunately, it has way too many calories for the flavor. I'd rather have a brownie. I used SF pudding and FF whipped topping, but still. . .
Read More Reviews