These moist, pumpkin-flavored cookies are drizzled with an orange glaze for a tasty finishing touch.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Orange glaze (recipe follows)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Combine butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl; beat until creamy. Add pumpkin, egg, orange juice and orange peel; beat until combined. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until combined. Stir in nuts. Drop dough by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon Orange Glaze.
FOR ORANGE GLAZE:
COMBINE 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice and 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel in medium bowl until smooth.
Review This Recipe
Pumpkin Orange cookies are GREAT!
This is a terrific receipe and healthy for toddlers that don't eat enough healthy vegetables and Orange juice. A big hit with pecans in the cookies.
Read More Reviews