Delicious Pumpkin Pecan Muffins are an eye appealing treat that are perfect for breakfast and snacks.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Splenda baking blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, Splenda baking blend, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Stir in pecans.
3. In a separate bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, buttermilk, sour cream and oil. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the pumpkin mixture. Stir until just combined.
4. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn out the muffins onto a cooling rack and cool completely.