This hearty and savory Pumpkin Pork Stew with tomato, potatoes and green beans makes this dish a complete meal.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 2 pounds lean pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (28 ounces) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (14 1/2 fluid ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup rosé or white Zinfandel wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium white rose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and basil; cook for 1 minute or until onion is tender. Add pork; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, broth, wine, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
ADD potatoes, green beans and cinnamon stick. Cover; cook over low heat for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
Review This Recipe
Good and healthy
The stew was very good tasting and healthy. It was easy to make also.
Read More Reviews