Pumpkin Pork Stew
This hearty and savory Pumpkin Pork Stew with tomato, potatoes and green beans makes this dish a complete meal.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 2 pounds lean pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (28 ounces) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (14 1/2 fluid ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup rosé or white Zinfandel wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium white rose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ADD potatoes, green beans and cinnamon stick. Cover; cook over low heat for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Pumpkin Pork Stew
This is such an incredible dish! The aroma is wonderful! I love the favor and the texture of the dish. I have never thought of combining pumpkin and pork together and yet it turns out to be one of the best dishes I have ever tasted.
Better than sounds!
I tried this recipe because the reviews were so good. The flavor is incredible. I used Pinot Grigio & broccoli as substitutions. I was surprised that the pumpkin flavor didn't stand out, instead everything blended to a perfect winter stew, making you wonder what were the ingredients ? This is a keeper! It's easy and fine for company.
Tears to my eyes!
This recipe was AMAZING! I have been reading how healthy pumpkin is and I wanted to use it in dishes other than desserts. This recipe not only is healthy but very delicious!!! I added sweet potatoes the second time and it was even more delicious!
Feeling quite daring one day, we decided to give this recipe a whirl. We were apprehensive about the pumpkin base. I would have never tried anything like this, but was curious after reading the other reviews. We were pleasantly surprised with the flavor - quite tastey. The encore meal was even better a couple days later.
I have to admit, I was somewhat skeptical at first but my partner and I thought this was so delicious. I will definitely make again and pass it along to family!!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (11% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 100mg (33% of DV)
- Sodium: 410mg (17% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 20g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 7g (29% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 36g
- Vitamin A: 200% of DV
- Vitamin C: 40% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.