This hearty and savory Pumpkin Pork Stew with tomato, potatoes and green beans makes this dish a complete meal.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 2 pounds lean pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (28 ounces) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (14 1/2 fluid ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup rosé or white Zinfandel wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium white rose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and basil; cook for 1 minute or until onion is tender. Add pork; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, broth, wine, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
ADD potatoes, green beans and cinnamon stick. Cover; cook over low heat for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
Review This Recipe
I have used pork with sweet potato so why not use pumpkin... A recipe worth trying and repeating!
Read More Reviews