Try this amazing Pumpkin Sage Pasta when you'd like to serve something elegant and distinctive. Works well with all types of pasta such as trottole, spirals, penne or bow tie. And it’s ready in 30 minutes! Garnish with fresh sage leaves for an extra flavor dimension and eye-catching appeal.
- 6 cups cooked, short-cut pasta, such as trottole, spirals, penne or bow ties, kept warm
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 8 fresh sage leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 can (12.5 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.), plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons grated Gruyère cheese
- Ground black pepper to taste
MELT butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and sage leaves; cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook for 2 minutes or until reduced slightly. Stir in water and bouillon; cook for 2 to 3 minutes to infuse flavors. With tongs, remove and discard sage leaves.
STIR evaporated milk and pumpkin into skillet; heat through. Stir in Parmesan cheese and Gruyère cheese until melted. Add cooked pasta to skillet; stir to coat and heat through. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh sage leaves, if desired.