Robust in flavor, this hearty Pumpkin Sausage Lasagna entrée features a saucy secret. With a unique combination of roasted garlic marinara sauce, spicy turkey sausage and pumpkin, the goodness of this festive dish wraps itself around layers of noodles and savory cheeses.
- 1 container (15 ounces) light ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounces sweet or hot light turkey sausage, casings removed
- 3/4 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 container (15 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce
- 8 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup hot water
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and seasoning in medium bowl; mix well.
HEAT large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook, stirring to break into pieces, until browned. Transfer sausage to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
ADD pumpkin, wine and broth to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until bubbly. Stir in sauce and sausage; heat through.
SPREAD 1 cup sauce mixture over bottom of 11 x 7-inch or 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread 1 cup ricotta mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Spread 1 cup sauce mixture over mozzarella cheese; top with remaining 4 lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Pour water around edges of lasagna. Cover with foil.
BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
NOTE: Can substitute BUITONI Refrigerated Marinara Sauce. If this is preferred, add 2 cloves finely chopped garlic when cooking sausage.
Review This Recipe
Yum, Yum, Yum. I loved the combination of creamy cheese and sauce and the spice of the sausage. This is a great better for you lasagna that tastes awesome!
Read More Reviews