Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake features a fabulous combination of cream cheese and pumpkin topped with crushed toffee candies. It is more than a bit 'over the top'; it is the top! Serve it for dessert or for a special treat anytime.
- 1 3/4 cups (about 14 to 16) shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (about 25 to 30) crushed toffee candies
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
BAKE for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
BEAT cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon; beat well. Pour into crust.
BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven; top with toffee candy pieces.
COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over warm cheesecake.
BAKE for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.
Review This Recipe
Easy to Make, Easy to Love
I made this for Christmas dessert. With cheesecake fans in the family, they were a bit hesitant about the pumpkin toffee flavor. But once they tasted, they loved every bite of it ... even wanting seconds. In terms of making this cheesecake, it's very straightforward. Another is in the plans for the New Year's Day feast.
Read More Reviews